Pursuit Boat Owners Forum
Home | Forums | Weather | RealTime AIS | Advertise on PBO

Login or Register to remove this ad
You are logged in as a guest. You may read the forum posts however in order to post or reply you must first Logon or Register.
Registration is FREE, so do it already... We would love to have you! :-)

Logon or Register or Browse Forums

If you don't receive your registration email or are having difficulties logging in, please contact admin@pursuitboatowners.com

Random Quote: Do what you can while you can. There is no iron-clad contract with Life that states that things will go the way you plan them.

Recent Active Threads
Pursuit 315 OSBaltPu..
New Pursuit Own..Calexi..
Wavegatebladen..
2460 Denalidorado..
Pursuit 2200 cc..bladen..
Helm Seat Actua..Johnso..
2005 Pursuit 28..Michae..
Center Console ..Don't ..
UpholsteryDon't ..
Yamaha SS Paint..capnch..

PBO Sponsors

1996 Denali seat cushions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
View previous thread
View next thread
Pursuit Boat Discussion Forum
  -> Pursuit Repairs & Maintenance
    -> 1996 Denali seat cushions

hnt
Posted 3/12/2011 10:42 PM (#227)
Subject: 1996 Denali seat cushions

Deck Hand

IP Logged
Hi folks,

I just took delivery of a 1996 Denali 2460. The boat is very clean except the bottom seat cushion on aft-facing back-to-back seat needs repair or replacement and the rear cooler seat cushion needs to be replaced. I really want the seats to match the rest of the cushions which are in great shape. I called my local Pursuit dealer and he said that the factory would not have cushions for anything that old and I should have a local shop make them. Both cushions have a three line pattern in the cushion so it would be impossible to match unless my local shop can get the same material.

Does anyone know where I can get these cushions or where I can get the material? Is there a shop somewhere that specializes in matching Pursuit cushions?

Thanks for your help

Henry
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Judge
Posted 3/13/2011 4:20 AM (#228 - in reply to #227)
Subject: Re: 1996 Denali seat cushions

Deck Hand

Home Port: Columbus, Oh Sarasota, Fl
IP Logged
I would call Pursuit directly. They now have a complete refurbishment program so hopefully they could tackle this project. The issue is likely the cushions that are in good shape have fade after 15 years so a "matching" new one with be somewhat different.
Having said that I would get a quote from a local shop to redo it as well so you could decide if factory matching is worth it. You might even be better off having a larger number of cushions redone to match.
hnt
Posted 3/13/2011 9:22 AM (#229 - in reply to #227)

Deck Hand

IP Logged
Thanks Judge,

I will call Pursuit tomorrow. Good to know that they have a refurbishment department. I met another Pursuit owner who told me he has great service on parts and technical help directly from the factory even when the dealers were not able or willing to help. Sounds like a great company.

The other cushions are in excellent shape and I doubt there has been much fading based on thier condition so if I can find new replacements from Pursuit, I think it would be the best solution.

Thanks

Henry
Judge
Posted 3/13/2011 10:25 AM (#230 - in reply to #227)

Deck Hand

Home Port: Columbus, Oh Sarasota, Fl
IP Logged
ANother option is a good shop may be able to repair the old ones if it is a tear..
hnt
Posted 3/14/2011 8:53 AM (#235 - in reply to #227)

Deck Hand

IP Logged
I just talked to Pursuit.

They only carry replacement seat cushions for 5 years. I emailed pictures to a shop and they said they would need to make the cushions new and not repair the existing ones because the material is so old it will fail again. So if I go that route I will end up with two cushions that dont match or I can have all new skins made for everything.

Hmmmm

Henry
Trpntj
Posted 3/14/2011 4:23 PM (#236 - in reply to #235)

First Mate

Home Port: Jacksonville, FL
IP Logged
Welcome to boat ownership
 Pursuit Boat Discussion Forum -> Pursuit Repairs & Maintenance -> 1996 Denali seat cushions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [15 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum

Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Debug mode : Seconds to generate: [0.216] - Cached queries : [37] - Executed queries : [56]
Pursuit Boat Owners
© 2007-2014 PursuitBoatOwners.com

This is a meeting place for Pursuit Boat Owners. In this community, we discuss cruising, mechanical issues, gatherings, and we make a lot of friends. We hope you enjoy your visit and come back frequently! PLEASE NOTE: 'Pursuit Boats' is a trademark of S2 Yachts, Inc. PursuitBoatOwners.com is an independent, worldwide club of Pursuit owners. ALSO NOTE: There is NO affiliation whatsoever between PursuitBoatOwners.com and S2 Yachts.