Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

255/285/315 Helm Sight lines

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
grnelson98

Postby grnelson98 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:36 pm

I currently own a 2001 2460 and am looking to trade on a 2015 255. I sea trailed the 255 and noticed that if you sit in the helm seat the sight lines forward are good, if you stand not so much. Standing, the forward sight lines are blocked by the top of the windshield. On my 2460, sitting you look through the windshield, standing you are looking slightly over it with still good visibility forward. At 6ft tall on my tip toes I cannot see forward standing on the 255 at the helm position, I have to sit. The helm seat even has a bolster, but it seems if you are around 6' tall, not sure you ever need it. My son who is about 5'10" notice the same thing. For the 255 owners out there, do you drive sitting all the time or what? For some reason I need to stand. I am wondering if this is the same on the 285 and 315?

Wiggan
Vessel Info: 2007 28' Off Shore, twin 250's

Postby Wiggan » Sat May 21, 2016 7:56 pm

I run a 285 Offshore and run sitting most of the time (I'm 5'10") but if worried about visibility of seeing stuff in the water due to chop etc. Or in rough water - I'm in the Pacific Northwest where there can be lots of wood - I stand. Generally I'd say the visibility is excellent.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”