Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fish Box Drains

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Andrew555
Vessel Info: 2016 Pursuit OS 325

Fish Box Drains

Postby Andrew555 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi Pursuit Experts,
I am a very happy owner of a 2016 OS 325 and just love the boat! But I have an issue with the fish box drains around the top of the lid that catches rain water and boat wash water. The center hatch has the same type of drain and they seem to tee together.
The issue is that none of them drain, instead the fish boxes fill with the water. Its fresh water so i know its not coming in from the ocean. The only way that i can drain the fish boxes is using the macerator pump which takes forever and seems wrong since i never even open the fishboxes so water should never get into them in the first place...

The dealer states he blew the lines during spring commissioning, but first day back with the boat on the water and the same thing happened again. This has been an issue since i picked up the boat from day 1 last August, so i know its not from something i did.

The dealer is great and is willing to continue to investigate but just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience or has any ideas...

Many thanks!
Andrew

ritsix
Home Port: Pass Christian
Vessel Info: '01 2870 CC dual Yamaha OX66 225

Fish Box Drains

Postby ritsix » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Same issue w/ 2001 2870 CC - please advise if you find resolution.

Topic author
Andrew555
Vessel Info: 2016 Pursuit OS 325

Fish Box Drains

Postby Andrew555 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 pm

My dealer helped me find solution. Needed to add an extra gasket around the original, the rain or wash water was getting through between the lid and original gasket since wasn't a tight seal. Bought some self adhesive gasket at Home Depot and worked fine.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks
andrew

jghannoosh
Vessel Info: 2012 Pursuit 315 OS

Fish Box Drains

Postby jghannoosh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

I have the same problem with my 2012 OS 315. Those drains are plugged up somewhere. I adjusted the fish box covers to compress the gaskets but this didn't help much. Need to know how the drains are routed. Any help appreciated.
Jim

mpasha
Vessel Info: 2013 Pursuit 315 OS, twin F300's

Fish Box Drains

Postby mpasha » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Me too, just got my 2013 315 OS last year, tried snaking the drains with 6' of snake, nothing. Was thinking to take hose clamps out at the joint near the bottom but hate the idea of all that water coming in while trying to unclog the drain. Is it the through hull that's clogged maybe??

Svend
Vessel Info: 2015 Pursuit 325 Offshore

Fish Box Drains

Postby Svend » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:28 pm

I have a 2015 325 os and the fish box drains never worked. I discovered the drain line has a tee in it to the generator hatch drain. The tee has to be above the boats water line to drain, otherwise it creates an air lock. I was able to reroute the hoses that were there, and not add any new hose. Now the drains work great.
These users thanked the author Svend for the post (total 2):
dlightful15 (Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:31 pm) • patriot (Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:24 pm)

Diversion
Vessel Info: 2016 325 dc

Fish Box Drains

Postby Diversion » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:22 pm

[quote="Andrew555"]Source of the post Hi Pursuit Experts,
I am a very happy owner of a 2016 OS 325 and just love the boat! But I have an issue with the fish box drains around the top of the lid that catches rain water and boat wash water. The center hatch has the same type of drain and they seem to tee together.
The issue is that none of them drain, instead the fish boxes fill with the water. Its fresh water so i know its not coming in from the ocean. The only way that i can drain the fish boxes is using the macerator pump which takes forever and seems wrong since i never even open the fishboxes so water should never get into them in the first place...

The dealer states he blew the lines during spring commissioning, but first day back with the boat on the water and the same thing happened again. This has been an issue since i picked up the boat from day 1 last August, so i know its not from something i did.

The dealer is great and is willing to continue to investigate but just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience or has any ideas...

Many thanks!

Had same issue. The drain fitting in the well around the hatches were clogged. Removed the fittings by loosening the hose clamps under the hatches and cleaned them out. works fine now however the diameter of those fittings is kinda small when there is a lot of water on the deck. Thats where a tight gasket comes into play.

mlb2992
Vessel Info: 2015 S280

Fish Box Drains

Postby mlb2992 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:45 am

Same problem 2015 S280 ...really a bad designed system :banghead:

Walt
Vessel Info: 2005 3070 Off Exp

Fish Box Drains

Postby Walt » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 pm

2005 3070 same issue, must be a design flaw. Tried running the hose through in both direction nothing. Port drain is fine the starboard does not drain and get water in the fish box.

Peggy-O
Vessel Info: 2016 OS385

Fish Box Drains

Postby Peggy-O » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Same issue on my 2016 OS385. I ended up taking out the little plastic screens in the actual drains themselves. It seems to have helped. One pf the issues is that the actual thru-hulls are on the bottom of the boat. I don't know why they didn't just put them right above the water line or T them in to the main cockpit drain line. Makes it impossible to keep anything dry in the fish boxes.
These users thanked the author Peggy-O for the post (total 2):
Walt (Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:48 pm) • Bobsrealty (Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:37 pm)

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”