Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:15 am

Hi am an ex Pursuit owner. Have had about 25 cc boats in my life in the Caribbean and by far the one Pursuit I had was the Mercedes for fit and finish and just overall yacht quality build. Unfortunately it rode like c**p! I cant remember the model but it was a small cc made around 2000. I think it was about 19ft - no longer. Too small for the deadrise - tippy and would always list heavily into the windward side and drench you. I sold it fast and just wrote it off as a bad experiment by the manu.
I am in the market for a larger walk around or cuddy that can use now that I have moved back to the southern oregon coast. 22-23 ft so I can handle easily solo and tow with my 1/2 ton diesel pickup.
Looking at either a 2270 Kodiak or 2470 wa.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 am

Good luck on the "hunt" for the next one. I think many deep v boats tilt into the wind, I just use my tabs to lean the other way.

Topic author
tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks I'm pretty much decided on a 2470. I am pretty sure the small cc was a 1950 of the late 90's. Back then there were many boats built that 'didnt work'. The 1950 was one of them - too short too much vee too tippy too wet. The thing that sticks in my mind was that the instrument/steering part of the console unlatched and tilted forward to access all wiring/steering. Never had seen that before and what a great invention. However you can give me a bay boat any day that short.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:27 am

That is a nice boat. I delivered many of them tp happy customers over the years when I delivered boats for a Pursuit dealer. Good luck and welcome to the club.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”