Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Pursuit offshore 385 interior configurations

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
kingfish
Vessel Info: 385 OS

Postby kingfish » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Pursuit offshore 385 interior configurations. Which is better? Standard factory interior with dining table/v-berth in bow or optional configuration with dinette table on port side and permanent bed in bow. It seems like most southern boats have the factory interior and the northeast boats opt for the optional interior configuration. Which one is better for cruising overnight and weekend trips?
Also, I see most 385's are equipped with the Yam 300's vs the 350's. I would think that most people would prefer the 350's for the extra low end torque. Any thoughts?

thx KenK

bluwtrman
Home Port: Southport, NC
Vessel Info: 2015 OS 385 "OPTION SEA"

Postby bluwtrman » Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 am

I just bought the "B: floorplan that has the permanent bed in the bow. Looked at both plans and thought the fixed bed was roomier and would be better for spending time on the boat aside from fishing it. Also, I didn't care for the large filler cushion over the table in the V-berth floorplan, as it would have to be put somewhere else when using the table. My wife and I just spent 3 weeks on it bringing it home to NC from where we bought it in CT. I think the bed option we took was the right choice. I'm 6'4" and we had plenty of room. I will say the trade-off in this plan is the head. It's smaller than the "A" plan and doesn't have the dedicated shower, but how much time will we spend in there versus the bed? Other than that, I like the L configuration of the galley in our boat. It seems a better use of the space compared to the linear layout on the other plan. Hope this is helpful. Either way, you'll be getting a fantastic boat. There were no disappointments on our trip home! The boat performs wonderfully. :up:

Topic author
kingfish
Vessel Info: 385 OS

Postby kingfish » Fri May 10, 2019 9:44 am

Thanks for the reply...Can you tell me about the ride quality in rough conditions? Did you venture out into the ocean or take ICW all the way to NC? Did you get 350's or 300's? If you got 350's do you have any concerns about their reliability?

Back to Interiors...how do you have things organized? Anyone willing to show pictures with the cabinet doors open? Since there isn't a house amount of space, what storage helpers have been invaluable? Anyone traveling with an inflatable kayak or standup board, so where do you put it?

thx!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”