Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
Bigasseaglesfan
Vessel Info: 1982 Tiara Pursuit 2000 20 foot cuddy

Postby Bigasseaglesfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Hello all...I sold my Aquasport CC last year and figured I would take a season off (Haha)but the bug got me as soon as the weather changed....I wanted to get away from from the CC because I really enjoy my fall striper season , but here in the
N East it gets a little chilly so i was looking around for a small cuddy to start out to see if i enjoy it...So this week Im picking up my new to me 1982 20ft Tiera. Which I've heard a lot of great things about. Its a good solid boat that was stored indoors most of its life ... I grabbed it on an almost new trailer for $1,500.00 so now im left with a decision on what motor to pop on her? Any suggestions or pics would be great.
Thanks and i look forward to sharing some photos as i move along.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Well congrats on the boat! You know you can't get away once you have salt in your veins! Where in the N/E are you? As far as an engine, I have inboards so I have no experience picking out a new engine. I would say you can not go wrong with Yamaha, but just the other day while working on my boat I was talking to one of the outboard techs. he compared the Yamahas and the new Mercs, pointing out some of the problems Yamaha has compared to Mercs. He is a big Merc fan, if that helps at all.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
Bigasseaglesfan (Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 pm)

Topic author
Bigasseaglesfan
Vessel Info: 1982 Tiara Pursuit 2000 20 foot cuddy

Postby Bigasseaglesfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Yeah im in New Jersey Great Bay area.....the motor has been found. The boat will be powered by a 2000 Evinrude 200 hp. EFI motor. Perfect condition maintenanced to the letter. All electronics are ordered and now its time to begin bringing this beast back to life and get to fishing.

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 am

That is great!! Congrats on the purchase. Only one problem here.... no pictures :banghead: :lol:

I am sure she will end up being a great boat for you!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Excellent! Would love to see pics when you get her done!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”