Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Checking in

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
CGaviator

Checking in

Postby CGaviator » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm glad I found this forum. For such great boats, they always seem to be under represented on the web. I have 1999 3000 express. Bought it used in 2006 when i lived in Florida and moved to Va. Now I boat mostly in the Chesapeake Bay. Great boat. Replaced the engines last year.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Checking in

Postby MarkT » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 pm

A fellow Coastie? I was an MK3 back in the day and I also have a 99 3000! I am up in NY out onLong Island, the Peconic Bay. Good luck with the boat, I did quite a bit of work on mine if you need any help let me know.
Mark

Topic author
CGaviator

Checking in

Postby CGaviator » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am

Mark,
I just retired after 24 years. As an ex-MK3 I can guarauntee that you are much better at working on boats than I am as a pilot. i'll take you up on your offer. I'm hoping to get alot more time ow that I'm retired. Where were you stationed? I did some time in Alaska, Corpus Christi. Pensacola, Miami, Mobile and DC.

Steve

MarkT

Checking in

Postby MarkT » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm

I spent my time at GI and Eatons Neck on small boats, mostly 41s and some 40s at GI. I spent 26 years as a captain with the USNPS as a small boat operator. I actually got 4 41s and a 44 from excess USCG property and a bunch of whalers. Retierd in 2005 after getting a pacemaker when my heart stopped.
My son lives down in VA Beach and is a sheriff over in Norfolk.
As for the boat, I did so much on it this past spring and it made a big difference. I know this inside and out. If you want send me a message thru this sites e-mail ( i will try you).

joeshoes

Checking in

Postby joeshoes » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:47 pm

I also own an Express 3000 with inboard gas engines. I have had the boat for 2 years and love it.

I have a lot of questions about upgrading it.

What type of new engines did you put in?

MarkT

Checking in

Postby MarkT » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:26 am

Hi Joe, what can I help you with upgrading your boat. I have done a lot with mine. My boat is a diesel engine boat but it has many of the other same parts or systems.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”