Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to Forum

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
DoeBayPursuit
Vessel Info: 2003 Pursuit 2470 Walkaround w 225 Yamaha 4 strk and 8 hp Yamaha kicker

New to Forum

Postby DoeBayPursuit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 pm

After owning a 1982 Whaler 22 Revenge for the past 26 years I finally have upgraded to my "new" 2003 Pursuit 2470 walk around! Super excited as it will probably be the last boat I own. Searched country wide for this model for over 9 months and saw nothing on the west coast until one day, 15 miles away! Live in Bellevue, WA but do my boating in the beautiful San Juan Islands (we have a place on Orcas and I keep my boat at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes) where I love to salmon fish and cruise. My son-in-law has a 24 Grady, so does my neighbor, so I decided to break out of the pack. Went two years to Tofino (Vancouver Isl Canada) for a salmon charter and rode a 255 Offshore, which is the replacement model for this. It was really a great boat and sold me on Pursuit. (already knew they were top quality)

Side note: I bought my Whaler used on Lopez Island at IMC from the legendary Ron Meng, who had taken it in on a trade for a Pursuit. Ron had the only Pursuit dealership in the NW as far as I know. Well this boat was originally sold by IMC and the newer owner bought it from them as well. Full circle!!

Glad to join the club.

Oh, if anyone knows about that fluorescent overhead cabin light (cylindrical shape) I love to be pointed to the thread. May be the only thing that does not work on the boat.

Topic author
DoeBayPursuit
Vessel Info: 2003 Pursuit 2470 Walkaround w 225 Yamaha 4 strk and 8 hp Yamaha kicker

New to Forum

Postby DoeBayPursuit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:13 pm

IMG_8235 cropped.jpg
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

New to Forum

Postby MarkT » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Congrats and welcome! Great boats. I spent some time out by the San Juans when I worked for the National Park Service. We had a boat built by Bill Munson, I was the project manager and went out to check on the build. Beautiful area. I wish you fair winds and following seas there Captain, enjoy the ride!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”