Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New 2460 owner from the PNW

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
Polarbill1999
Vessel Info: 1995 Denali 2460 Volvo 5.7l gi dp drive

New 2460 owner from the PNW

Postby Polarbill1999 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:56 am

My name is Brett and I just picked up a 1995 Denali 2460 yesterday. This is my first pursuit. I will be using the boat for fishing around the PNW although will primary be used in Puget Sound fishing for salmon. I will also be using it with my family as a general cruiser and watersports boat in western/eastern Washington lakes and the Columbia River. I am excited to learn the boat and get my hands dirty. We bought a well used boat that appears to have been from Florida originally and has been in the PNW for the last 12+years at least.

A couple projects right away are replacing the cockpit drains/scuppers, figuring out the electronics, figuring out what is wrong or replacing the livewell and washdown pumps, adding a kicker motor and cleaning the boat up.

One other thing is figuring out the mpg/performance. It was just on a quick test drive but we were only able to get a little over 30mph trimmed up. The tach was a little wonky so not sure actual rpm but think it was in the 4600 range. There is a garmin fuel flow system. Best mpg was just over 2mpg. This all is surprising based on the numbers from pursuit/powerboat magazine. I was expecting over 40mph and 2.5-3mpg+. The boat has high hours although not sure on the motor. It has a Volvo 5.7l gi and older dp drive. The boat is a 1995 but the 5.7l gi looks to be newer than that. The cowling and accessories look more like a mid 2000s. It does have bottom paint as well.

20220805_165139.jpg
20220805_184506.jpg
Screenshot_20220805-210818_Gallery.jpg
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”