Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2006 Pursuit 2570 Offshore

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
WillSea
Vessel Info: 2006 Pursuit 2570 Offshore with a Yamaha 300 HDPI 2 Stoke

2006 Pursuit 2570 Offshore

Postby WillSea » Tue May 09, 2023 6:30 am

Hello All, it’s a pleasure to meet everyone! I just purchased for a very low price a 06 2570 Offshore with a Yamaha 300 HDPI with 266 hours. It was owned by an older couple that owned it since new and kept detailed records. However, the boat has been sitting idle in the water for years in salt water. The boat itself is in decent condition and all of the accessories are still on board. I’m in the marine business although not a tech, I went through the boat and was able to get most systems working even the cabin AC. A windless was added with a remote that I can’t seem to get any power and I don’t think the electric head was ever used as I don’t have any power there either. I have a diver coming this week and the plan is to tow the boat to my marina to have one of the technicians go through the engine. I attempted to turn over the engine and after the third turn of the key, she wanted to pop. I feel it’s best to pull the plugs, change water pump, all fuel filter and drain the fuel tank and of course service the engine if it’s worthy. I have heard good and bad about this vintage Yamaha, so I’m hoping for the best and prepared for the worst (a Re-power). The boat currently has a Bimini top and the framing makes it challenging to walk the gunwales to the bow. I would like to add a hardtop or a soft top and would like to know if anyone has a resource, perhaps a salvage yard? I prefer a Pursuit top, not a cheap aftermarket or off brand. Thank you in advance for your input as I look forward to speaking with you in the future. All the Best, Bill

Return to “Introduce Yourself”