Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2000 Pursuit 3070 Offshore CC

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
Seafarer
Vessel Info: 2000 3070 Offshore CC

Postby Seafarer » Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi guys,

I have a few questions on this vessel if anyone can help me out.

1) The under console rod storage does not work, also the electronics storage also does not work.either of them will open as required?

2) there is a little dry rot in midship storage area trim, I’m wondering where any water could be entering at ?

3) there is an old Garmin 3210 that powers up but has a bad screen, can Imget this repaired, or just best to remove and replace with new chart plotter and fish finders ?

4) What’s the process for cleaning the fuel tanks out, and how much to have someone do that ?
Don’t know if it’s really needed but for piece of mind good idea.

5) the fwd hatch has a bad piece of plexiglass, can that be replaced without replacing the entire hatch ? Also new seals
6)window wipers arms have no springs on them, can I purchase new ones OEM somewhere ?
7)the windshield may need new rubber seals also, because of the sun on it all the time.
If anyone can answer these for me it would be appreciated
Thanks

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat May 25, 2019 8:01 am

Pictures would be a huge help for us to figure out.
1) Do you mean the latches are not releasing? Can you unscrew the latch from the outside? Or is the latch working and the hatch just stuck?

2) Water is a tough one. My windshields leaked at the base. Under the black rubber trim is where the screws are that holds it to the boat. None of them had sealant applied. Once I did that I had no more leaks. Good place to start looking.

3) If you can, get a new one. Why invest in an older unit?

4) Are you having problems with the fuel? Are you finding water in your fuel filters? If not I would not do it.
If you are having trouble you can have the fuel "polished". They come to the boat and take out the sending unit from the gas tank. They suck the gas out and filter it before sending it back into the tank.

5) You can replace the plexi. I did it over the winter a few years back. Took the hatch top home and carefully cut the sealant around the plexi. Popped the window out and took it to a shop that makes all types of plastic stuff. They cut a new piece and also sold me the sealer for it. At that time I also put on the new seals and new handles. Hatches look like new still but I also had covers made.

6) I think AFI makes the wiper arms and blades. Any good marine store should be able to help on that.

7) American Marine made the windshield and now Bomar took over. Pretty good since Bomar also made your hatches so try this: (sorry I don't have her last name)

NELL
Bomar Customer Service Rep.
603-826-5791
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Topic author
Seafarer

Postby Seafarer » Sat May 25, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks Mark T.

I had a surveyor looking at a boat for me. He couldn’t get the rod storage compartment to raise so we can look at the rod storage area. It’s an electric actuator that opens it up.
Also he couldn’t get the other console actuator to work that raises the compartment where you install and maintain your electronics.
Some of the deck hatches were so tight he couldn’t open them up either. Was worried about breaking them at the time.
There either wasn’t any power to the actuators or they are bad and need to be replaced. I have to find a place to purchase those at.
Thanks for your reply’s that will help me out.

Topic author
Seafarer

Postby Seafarer » Sat May 25, 2019 9:27 am

I will also have the fuel drained and polished if they haven’t been done as yet. I don’t have that answer yet.thanks for the pics of the hatch I will do that as well

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat May 25, 2019 9:43 am

Ok, got it. First thing to do is check for voltage at the switches. To have them both fail at the same time sounds like an electrical issue.

Topic author
Seafarer

Postby Seafarer » Sat May 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks again Mark

KyleBrakne
Vessel Info: Pursuit 2003 - 3070 Express - Twin F250 Yamahas (2016)

Postby KyleBrakne » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 pm

For the rod storage lifter - had an issue myself there was a cable corroded that attaches to the pump. Had to run a new line in and manual power it open. Luckily I could open it just enough to reach in. Just used an external battery to get it to open

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”