Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

30' Offshore Vs. 30' Express Ride

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
DewarsH2O
Vessel Info: Seriously shopping for used Pursuit 30' Express / Offshore

Postby DewarsH2O » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:29 pm

I am shopping hard for either a '95 - '04 30 Offshore or a '98 - '03 Express. In reviewing both boats, the Offshore is shorter, wider and heavier. The Express is listed as having a deeper V hull design. Question for the forum has anyone spent time riding in both boats, that can share an opinion? I have read the Pascoe review of the Offshore.

Thank you in advance!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 pm

I hope this can help you decide. I own a 30 Express and love it. I have delivered a number of both of these as a delivery captain. Both are very well built and only you can decide which layout would suit you. That being said I found the Offshore to be a wetter boat, and while operating that model I was looking through clear vinyl. With the Express I am looking through glass, I like that better. The engine room is tighter in the Express. I like the cabin layout better in the Exp. also. Take note that there have been cases of the Express powered with Mercs ingesting water back through the exhaust. I don't think it happened with Crusaders and I have not heard of it happening with the Offshore. I have Cummins 4BTA-250s in mine. You can look at my posts to see what I have done with mine over the years.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

Topic author
DewarsH2O
Vessel Info: Seriously shopping for used Pursuit 30' Express / Offshore

Postby DewarsH2O » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Thank you for the information, very helpful! At the end of the day it probably boils down to what is the nicest boat available for purchase when the time comes to pull the trigger.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”