Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Looking to buy 3000 express

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
bigtuna

Postby bigtuna » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:12 am

Hi all,

Thinking of purchasing a 3000 express with 4btas. I'm in California, curious to know how it is on drift? We do a LOT of drift fishing. I'd like to add a tower, that will add to the rocking. Has anyone ever added a tower to an 3000 express? Some pictures would be nice of aftermarket towers? Any input would be nice! I'd also like to confirm the LOA with swimstep and pulpit is 32'8".

Thanks

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 pm

I have owned my Cummins powered 3000 since 2003 (its a 99) and over all these years of looking I have seen only one with a tower. It was down in Florida with gas engines and was for sale for some time. I can say it does well on the drift but not sure how it would be with a tower. I have done a lot of work on my boat (lots of posts here) and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”