Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Sewage smell

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
RickZ
Vessel Info: 2018 Pursuit 265DC
Twin 200’ Yamahas

Sewage smell

Postby RickZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 am

Hello,

I have a 2018 265DC. I have a major sewage odor coming from the storage area below deck. I have had the tank pumped. I have also gotten down into the storage area and inspected the hoses for any leaks, cracked fittings etc... I’m curious if anyone knows how the system is vented? I’m thinking a possibly blockage in the vent somewhere and the gases are backing up.

cva38shang@verizon.net
Vessel Info: 2017 265 DC

Sewage smell

Postby cva38shang@verizon.net » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Are you using seawater for the toilet flush. If so then it may be from the ell grass odder in the toilet. I had that problem on my big boat. Had to change system to flush with only fresh water.
[i]Capt R.M. Silva[/

Topic author
RickZ
Vessel Info: 2018 Pursuit 265DC
Twin 200’ Yamahas

Sewage smell

Postby RickZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Yes, I am using seawater. But the last two years I have had zero smell. So I’m not sure what is going on now.

Woodworker2001

Sewage smell

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:37 am

Is it a vacuflush? I recently found the bolts holding my bowl down we’re loose and it was leaking vacuum and also waste and found some waste outboard the one stringer that was causing an odor. This was on a 3000 express though no idea about your setup

cva38shang@verizon.net
Vessel Info: 2017 265 DC

Sewage smell

Postby cva38shang@verizon.net » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Are you using raw sea water to pump your head. I had this problem on a previous boat and it was the sulfur from sea grass in the water. I changed the system to pump fresh water from a tank. You may just need tp flush with fresh water at the end of the day.
[i]Capt R.M. Silva[/

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”