Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

OS325 Air Conditioning Pump Priming

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Andrew555
Vessel Info: 2016 Pursuit OS 325

Postby Andrew555 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 am

Hi All,
Does anyone have the same issue i have each season when re-commissioning the boat? I have to prime the air conditioning pump every time the boat is launched after it comes out of the water (thankfully only once a year). Usually this isn't that big a deal, just stick a hose to the fitting on starboard side of the bow of the boat and fill with water, that normally works and takes just a few minutes.

But sometimes that just doesn't work and i have to go in the aft part of the cabin in the bilge area and remove the hose from the t-fitting and let water in from there and re-connect.

This didn't work this year either so still trying to figure out how to get the pump to prime... Going to try and put a garden hose to the hose to the air conditioning in that bilge area again today and see if that works.

Anyone have issues like this? I think if there was a fitting that T-eed off that a garden hose can be connected to easily, that would make life much easier...

thanks for any advice.
Andrew

Fanukalum
Vessel Info: 2018 OS325

Postby Fanukalum » Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm

not sure why that is happening. I keep my OS325 on a lift and never have to prime AC pump. Thank goodness, the intake filter is in a difficult place to get to in order to release the air lock preventing the pump from picking up the raw water.
These users thanked the author Fanukalum for the post:
Andrew555 (Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:19 pm)

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”