Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1995 Pursuit 3000 Offshore Transmission Work

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
rockman88
Home Port: Lorain, Ohio
Vessel Info: 1995 Pursuit 3000 Offshore

Postby rockman88 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi all -- thanks in advance for your help with this.

Just purchased the 1995 3000 Offshore. It has Crusader 454 XLIs and Velvet Drive transmissions. In both the Marine and Engine survey's I had done, it was reported that the Port transmission slipped upon acceleration (I witnessed this a few times) and that there is a leak in the Starboard transmission at the output shaft.

It's been recommended to me to pull both transmissions, examine them for possible rebuild, and then re-install and reseal.

Assuming both transmissions need an "average" level of rebuild, what can I expect to pay a reputable mechanic for this? My location is Northern Ohio (Lake Erie). Thanks.

Topic author
rockman88

Postby rockman88 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 pm

Any ideas on what I can expect to spend, per transmission?

bobbruce
Vessel Info: 1999 3000 express

Postby bobbruce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:56 pm

Did u check and or change the fluid. My starboard slipped when I first purchased the boat . I since have changed the fluid and all has been good,knock on wood.

Topic author
rockman88

Postby rockman88 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:44 pm

bobbruce wrote:Source of the post Did u check and or change the fluid. My starboard slipped when I first purchased the boat . I since have changed the fluid and all has been good,knock on wood.

Both transmissions were rebuilt, needed it, and are performing nicely. No leaks, like new.
These users thanked the author rockman88 for the post:
bobbruce (Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:05 pm)

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”