Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1993 Pursuit 2150 - Gas Tank Replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
BOAH
Vessel Info: 1993 Pursuit 2150 Center Console

Postby BOAH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm

I have a '93 2150 that I want to replace the fuel tank. So far I've removed the center console and the floor panel. I was bummed to see that the tank extends another 6 inches both forward and back of the opening which makes me think I've got to cut the floor to get it out. Why would they design it that way??? Anyway, the tank is foamed in which appears that it's going to be a major mess. Has anyone done it on this boat before and can give me some suggestions?

Thanks for any help

[img]
IMG_0289.jpg
[/img]
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Topic author
BOAH

Postby BOAH » Mon May 17, 2021 12:19 pm

OK, so I've been busy. To get the tank out, I dug out the foam that best that I could but still couldn't get around the front and back so I ended up filling it with water and cutting it into pieces. It was a mess but I got it. The amount of crap that was in the tank was amazing knowing that this boat only had 56 hours on it.
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Topic author
BOAH

Postby BOAH » Mon May 17, 2021 3:36 pm

I got a very expensive quote from the original manufacturer to replace it so I'm thinking about maybe getting a poly tank. Also I'm wondering about resealing this compartment before I put another tank in.

If you have any opinions / suggestions on this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Topic author
BOAH

Postby BOAH » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:09 pm

I went ahead and ordered a Moeller 64 gallon tank that will hopefully be here before too long. Question, on the aluminum tank that was in the boat. There was a ground wire that was run from the fuel fill to the tank and then to the negative battery terminal. Do I need to worry about grounding the poly tank in case of static electricity?

Topic author
BOAH

Postby BOAH » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:41 am

Also, I'm looking for help on the proper installation of a poly tank.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”