Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3070 express battery slide tray 2002

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
greatharbor
Home Port: Freeport, ME
Vessel Info: pursuit 3070 express 2002

Postby greatharbor » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:19 pm

one of the worst thing about boat is battery access. but if you remove all the batteries it is possible to replace third one.
the boat has a battery slide tray switch which makes a noise but it only moves an inch.
but the real problem now is that i think the reservoir for the trim tabs after many years need topping up, and i think it is underneath the battery tray that won't slide out of the way. any ideas?
These users thanked the author greatharbor for the post:
Drowe1970 (Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:36 pm)

Drowe1970
Vessel Info: 3070 express

Postby Drowe1970 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:37 pm

Did you get it repaired

Topic author
greatharbor
Home Port: Freeport, ME
Vessel Info: pursuit 3070 express 2002

Postby greatharbor » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:03 am

i had my mechanic check it out this spring. after 20 years old my trim tabs had stopped working ( not bad at all ) and we needed to top off fluids. i drilled a 4'' hole in battery tray to access, not ideal, but he determined that the slide corroded
. the motor working. too much work to disassemble, maybe later, drilling hole under battery was OK.

i am constantly shocked by how poorly battery access is designed into some boats. and other access. i know it is called boat yoga but it almost to the point where it is impossible to fix things. my fish box pump failed ( same area ) and there was no way my mechanic could fit through the tiny access panel pursuit installs. i had to cut a bigger opening and install custom cut new access panel - as big as would fit.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”