Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2460 Denali Shifter Replacement

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
KFN
Vessel Info: 2004 2460 Denali

2460 Denali Shifter Replacement

Postby KFN » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace the shifter on my new to me 2004 2460 (Merc/Bravo III). The original shifter is really graunchy and requires quite a lot of force to operate. I've tried oil/grease, but that only made a mess. The shift cable was replaced when the sterndrive was serviced last month.

Has anyone here attempted this? Specifically, I'm wondering if the Mercruiser 4500 Gen II would fit, and if I would need a new cable along with the shift assembly, or if it will hook up to the existing cable. I'm also looking at the Seastar Xtreme, though it's quite a bit more expensive. I'm willing to pay more for a better product, just don't know if it actually is.

So far I'm really enjoying the boat, which is leaps and bounds above the 60's era Chris Crafts I'm used to running around with.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Kristian

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”