Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How do you remove the microwave in a 3000 Express

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 am

I have a 1998 3000 Express in which the microwave oven control pad has quit working. I've been trying to remove the microwave to replace it but so far have not gotten it out. It appears the next step will damage either the cabinetry or the microwave itself. I've contacted the factory and there's no one still working in the plant who installed cabinets/microwaves back in 1998, so they don't know the procedure to get it out. It appears the opening infront of the microwave is smaller than the microwave itself (the unit is loose in the opening ..I can slide it 1/8 to 1/4 inch left and right and forward/back) leading me to think the microwave was placed in the cabinet and then the cabinet was mounted in the boat. Has anyone been down this road and have suggestions as to how to remove the microwave. Thanks, Kevin in Naples, FL

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 pm

I have the same boat and at one point the microwave needed to be tightened up. There are two screws I found on the right side top, as you look at it, and then 4 (I think ) underneath. Try removing them and see how that works for you.

Topic author
Kevin

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks for the reply ......no screws are accessible / visable. And as I said in the previous post it's "loose" in the opening ...I can slide it left and right / forward and back.....it appears because of the foot pads that are molded into the galvanized bottom of the microwave it will not come straight out of the opening ...thats what leads me to believe it was mounted in the cabinet unit from the rear and then the cabinet was mounted in the boat. Current thought process is to try and start taking the microwave apart to get it out of where it is mounted

Gali
Vessel Info: Pending:
1999 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Cummins

Postby Gali » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Kevin,

Any update on this? My control pad just went bad, I can't get the start button to click. Time for a replacement.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”