Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Leak in cabin

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Fatal Extraction

Leak in cabin

Postby Fatal Extraction » Sat May 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Fatal Extraction on Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Leak in cabin

Postby MarkT » Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 pm

I had a leak that went into the headliner. I went crazy looking and it turned out that the screws holding the windshield frame on (under the rubber strip at the base of the frames) were not sealed and leaked. I pulled each screw and filled the hole with silicone and put the screw back in. That did it. Another time I found water toward the side of the hull under the dinette. The a/c thru-hull drain had cracked. Check those areas.

MarkT

Leak in cabin

Postby MarkT » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Can you get a picture of the area and get it to me?

Fatal Extraction

Leak in cabin

Postby Fatal Extraction » Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 am

Xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Fatal Extraction on Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MarkT

Leak in cabin

Postby MarkT » Sun May 19, 2019 3:02 pm

That is strange, I can not think of where else it could be coming from. Mya/c leak only happened while underway. I have teak under the dinette, rug on the side. That rug was getting wet. Please let us know what you find.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”