Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

1997 Denali 2460: help with factory hull strips

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
carboncow
Vessel Info: 1997 Denali 2460
Volvo Pental 7.4L DP-S
(in the middle of a full restoration)

Postby carboncow » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 pm

Hello,

We are I'm the middle of a restoration of a 1997 2460 Denali (7.4L VP DP-S). You can see from the photo shown our new swim deck (PlasTeak out of Akron). You can also see how chewed up our stripe is mostly in the aft but I'm going to strip both the green metallic and the smaller gold one above it or the whole boat.

I'm sure these stripes and colors were used on many models. Can anyone tell me if Tiara/Pursuit stock these or an acceptable substitute? Many years ago we did a Bayliner and a Cruisers with generic solid color stripes from West Marine but I no longer live near one...so thanks for any hot leads.

Thx.
Shawn
Ohio

IMG_5602.JPG
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!
Purchased boat for $5K on a trailer with a running (but tired engine). Currently working on new engine, maintenance on outdrive, new vinyl, new canvas, new swim platform and radar arch. Will be in the water by Aug 2020. Let me know what question you have!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:18 am

Good luck with the project, you will have a great boat when you are done. I did my stripes a few years back but changed them both to black, one thick and the top one thin. Before I pulled them off using a heat gun, I ran a piece of masking tape around the hull to use as a guide putting them back on and it worked out very well. West Marine has the colors and thicknesses you want in stock and you can buy them online delivered to you.
https://www.westmarine.com/boat-stripin ... twZ1z13gv4
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
carboncow (Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:55 am)

Topic author
carboncow
Vessel Info: 1997 Denali 2460
Volvo Pental 7.4L DP-S
(in the middle of a full restoration)

Postby carboncow » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:56 am

Thanks...great intel!

Now Metallic Gold or Ultra Metallic Gold...hmmm...
Purchased boat for $5K on a trailer with a running (but tired engine). Currently working on new engine, maintenance on outdrive, new vinyl, new canvas, new swim platform and radar arch. Will be in the water by Aug 2020. Let me know what question you have!

Return to “The Project Center”