Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3000 Express Swim Platform Removal

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
bnc

Postby bnc » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:46 pm

Any thoughts on how to remove the swim platform from my 3000 Express?

I took all of the bolts out, but it seems to be glued to the boat with 5200.

Topic author
bnc

Postby bnc » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:03 am

For reference:

It is glued to the boat with 5200/4200, a lot of it. Probably 90% of the flange was covered.

I used Debond to loosen the glue, drove a bunch of plastic door jam shims in the gap and it eventually came off.

Unfortunately it pulled some gelcoat off the boat and off the swim platform on its way off, in the areas around the mounting bolts which will need repair.

I think these areas were already compromised and possibly delaminated, which is why I was pulling it in the first place. Waves get underneath the platform and slam it pretty hard when anchored out or trolling in a following sea. Which has caused some cracks in the underside of the platform and must have also stressed the transom around the bolt holes.
These users thanked the author bnc for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 am)

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 am

Sounds like quite the job! How bad was the damage to the transom did you have wet core that needed addressed?

Return to “The Project Center”