Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Powder Coating T Top and Bow Rail

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
David McClatchy
Vessel Info: 2006 2870 CC T250s

Postby David McClatchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 am

I have a 2006 2870 CC. Does anyone have experience and any suggestions for a project like this? Thank you

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Hello David. I had a small aluminum mast powder coated a couple of months ago. To get those items powder coated you have to take them off the boat. I am not sure if stainless can be powder coated but either way those items would also need to fit inside the oven to be heated up.
The way it works in case you do not know: An item is sand blasted to remove dirt and other matter and rough up the surface for adhesion. After blasting they are wiped down with a solvent.
The items are then coated with what are basically plastic micro pellets. The items are negatively charged while the paint gun is positively charged so the "paint" stays on. The items are then wheeled into an oven and the plastic pellets melt, covering it in plastic. I may have simplified it some, but that is the general idea.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post (total 2):
YOLO (Thu May 03, 2018 6:09 am) • alcord (Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 am)

Return to “The Project Center”