Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3000 Express Projects

ImageIf you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 am

Dan1 wrote:Source of the post
bnc wrote:A few pics of my trailer setup:

Thanks, very similar setup to mine -I remove the props and rudders to move it around (once every four years when I haul it and take the boat home)

Your boat looks great! Looking at your through hull on the Starb side (the large one) its just above the waterline, mine was lower, and permanently submerged, that is why I ended up doing the mods I did.

The three through hulls on the Port side where the same, all just below the waterline.

If you ever have to change out the two on the Starb side for the aft bilge pump and fishbox its doable but tricky,I replaced mine with these from gemlux

https://www.gemlux.com/78003

The 2 aft thru hulls are on my list of future repairs. They are well above the waterline so I opted to not do them yet. They are pretty beat up from the sun. I didn't see anyway of getting my arm up in there to tighten the new ones, or get the hoses back on. I was planning on having to cut out a 4in hole on the inside and put a deck plate over it, not ideal.

My boat has a slight list to port (even without someone in the boat). With 3/4 tank starboard, 1/2 tank port. The 3 midship thru hulls are in the water on the port side. Water is up to the green boot stripe on the port side. I suppose I'll have to keep the water tank kind of full to even the boat out.

Dan1
Vessel Info: 3000 Express Cummins 4BTA's

3000 Express Projects

Postby Dan1 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 am

bnc wrote:[ I was planning on having to cut out a 4in hole on the inside and put a deck plate over it, not ideal..

You don't need a 4' hole, see pics
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Woodworker2001

3000 Express Projects

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun May 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Great info guys. And boat looks great. Good luck with the engine alarm

Return to “The Project Center”