Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3000 Express Projects

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:20 pm

Replaced all of the the panel lights on the A/C side of my breaker panel. Most of the old ones would flicker when they were on. The new ones aren't as bright, but thats OK. New ones are LED vs the old NEON.

IMG_7259.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

Got these from Mouser if you guys need some new ones. $4.12 / EA. They also have the same thing in 12VDC. Much better quality than the chinese ones from Amazon.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/53 ... FW-1-R110V
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Another project I'm working on too: Swap to the Johnson crank driven pumps. I have a Hardin SS unit on my port engine, stock mercruiser on starboard. They are such a pain to change impellers. Plus I don't care for the air drain stuff on the stock pump.

IMG_7262.jpeg
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!
These users thanked the author bnc for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:31 pm)

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

3000 Express Projects

Postby MarkT » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info on the lights, I will look into mine when the boat is uncovered in a month or so. I never looked at them to see about replacing but think I have a few that are n/g. Are they crimp connections or solder?

MarkT

3000 Express Projects

Postby MarkT » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:43 pm

I have diesels in my 3000 but converted them to a belt driven r/w pump a few years ago. Is the stock pump on the front of the Merc also, and is this done for a better pump?

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:26 pm

MarkT wrote:Source of the post Thanks for the info on the lights, I will look into mine when the boat is uncovered in a month or so. I never looked at them to see about replacing but think I have a few that are n/g. Are they crimp connections or solder?

The hot side of the light has a ring terminal that is landed on each of the breakers. The neutrals are bunched together and butt-spliced to a white neutral wire. These new ones have a lighter gauge wire than the factory ones, but a pink heat shrink terminal worked well.

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:32 pm

MarkT wrote:Source of the post I have diesels in my 3000 but converted them to a belt driven r/w pump a few years ago. Is the stock pump on the front of the Merc also, and is this done for a better pump?

The stock merc pump is down under the engine on the starboard side. The hoses come in from the rearPulley on the front. In order to change mine, I have to remove the belt, unbolt the pump, fight to get both hoses off, then pull it out of the boat and change the impeller. The hoses have to be removed with your hands up under the engine. It's a huge pain. The merc horizons also have the bronze pump which has wear issues at the ends of the impeller and is $800 to replace (or $600 for a Hardin).

MarkT

3000 Express Projects

Postby MarkT » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:42 pm

The port side r/w pump must be a pip to change, as it is in the diesels. Much better in the front. Good going. :up:

Return to “The Project Center”