Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3000 Express Projects

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 am

Recently purchased a 2001 3000 Express that needs general TLC. Bought in FL, brought back to Ohio.

Working on replacing all of the plastic thru Hull fittings with stainless. What a fun project! Luckily I’m a smaller person and am able to wedge myself up in front of the engines, but there still isn’t much room to do anything.

I pulled the old hardware out, dug out wood, and will back fill the areas with thickened epoxy like it should have been done. I’ll seal the thru Hull in with 4000/4200. Luckily minimal moisture was in there and digging out the wood got rid of it.

Replacing the original valves with Forespar 849 Marelon seacocks.

I’m curious why Pursuit decided to install the big drains right at the water level. I considered filling and redrilling to move them up a little, but the repair will never color match.

Also pulled the engine vents and working on sealing the core in those areas

5CA074CF-F72B-43C0-956C-C8B692B0799D.jpeg
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!
These users thanked the author bnc for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 am)

Woodworker2001

3000 Express Projects

Postby Woodworker2001 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 am

Congrats. Where you at in Ohio? We brought one up outta Sarasota last April. I need to do the Thru hulls and vents on mine. Hoping that is a next winter project. Would love to see pictures of the progress.

I imagine the thru hulls were a bitch with the motors still in place

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 am

We are docking the boat in Fairport harbor / Grand River. I’ll post some pics of my progress later.
These users thanked the author bnc for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am)

Woodworker2001

3000 Express Projects

Postby Woodworker2001 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am

bnc wrote:Source of the post We are docking the boat in Fairport harbor / Grand River. I’ll post some pics of my progress later.

We are in sandusky bay west harbor area

Dan1
Vessel Info: 3000 Express Cummins 4BTA's

3000 Express Projects

Postby Dan1 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:54 am

bnc wrote:Source of the post

I’m curious why Pursuit decided to install the big drains right at the water level. I considered filling and redrilling to move them up a little, but the repair will never color match.

I removed all the thru hulls pursuit placed at the waterline and reduced them to one per side above the waterline,the repair to fill the holes is hidden by the bottom paint.

With the intake vents I made some fasteners (hidden) that lock it into place and not rely on the sealant to hold it in place.

Also removed all the PVC piping that was connected the live well,I can now easily drop down the center hatch and get in front of either engine for maintainence.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Woodworker2001

3000 Express Projects

Postby Woodworker2001 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Dan1 wrote:Source of the post
bnc wrote:Source of the post

I removed all the thru hulls pursuit placed at the waterline and reduced them to one per side above the waterline,the repair to fill the holes is hidden by the bottom paint.

With the intake vents I made some fasteners (hidden) that lock it into place and not rely on the sealant to hold it in place.

Also removed all the PVC piping that was connected the live well,I can now easily drop down the center hatch and get in front of either engine for maintainence.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Got any pictures?

Dan1

3000 Express Projects

Postby Dan1 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:51 pm

Only pic I have on me at the moment, as you can see all the PVC piping is gone as is all the wiring and the hot and cold pex lines that blocked access to the front of the engines.I will post some more if theres interest
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Topic author
bnc

3000 Express Projects

Postby bnc » Fri May 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Dan1 wrote:Source of the post Only pic I have on me at the moment, as you can see all the PVC piping is gone as is all the wiring and the hot and cold pex lines that blocked access to the front of the engines.I will post some more if theres interest

Well, Add this to my list of things to do. That looks so much cleaner. You just let the center lid lip drain drip into the bilge or is the starboard side plumbed behind the fire extinguisher?

Dan1

3000 Express Projects

Postby Dan1 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:25 pm

bnc wrote:You just let the center lid lip drain drip into the bilge or is the starboard side plumbed behind the fire extinguisher?

Hell no! I temporarily filled the fitting with silicone,I wasn't sure if I was going to connect the port drain or not, turns out I did not need it, the Starb drain works so well now it moves water better than the original set up and I have since plugged the Port drain properly.

The Starb drain is the white hose going in behind the fire extinguisher, that hose Tee's into the upper deck sink and overboard

Woodworker2001

3000 Express Projects

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:47 am

Dan1 wrote:Source of the post Only pic I have on me at the moment, as you can see all the PVC piping is gone as is all the wiring and the hot and cold pex lines that blocked access to the front of the engines.I will post some more if theres interest

Next time you are in the engine room I would love to see some more pictures of how you cleaned all this up.
These users thanked the author Woodworker2001 for the post:
CaboJohn (Thu May 21, 2020 5:12 pm)

Return to “The Project Center”