Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3370 Conversion and repower

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
jamesw2066

Postby jamesw2066 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 pm

Ok, I am going to do this and dont have time for any haters I am looking for suggestions or advice if anyone has ever attempted this.
Here is a little history.....
2 years ago our 3370 ruptured a fuel tank. It corroded from the outside in. This is due to saltwater in the tank hold area that has no way of ever getting out. The drain holes are 1.5 inches up and once water gets in there it is almost impossible to get out and we are in southeaster VA so it's all salt water.

The end result was the the entire deck being cut apart for new coated aluminum tanks, and while that was being done we pulled the 250's off to have the tuner kits installed only to find that at 800 hours they had corroded from the Yamaha rot that happens to these.

Fyi my boat shipped from Pursuit with 19 wheels which made them lug at 5800 max rpm- this overheats the exhaust Im told and that can lead to the need for tuner kits. We switched to 17" wheels and boat ran much better.
However due to the corrosion we just threw them in the salvage pile....

So here is what we are doing. We going away from the European transom these boat have and going with a full height transom. This allows for a reworked live well and tackle station to be moved aft by 38"... Thats right 38 inches of deck space gained. Makes it an entirely different boat! We will be reinforcing the transom the entire height and adding an Armstrong bracket and hanging 3 350 Verado's.

Here is why I chose Merc. Please comment if you have Merc 350's on your boat.
Yamaha's new design of the 4.2 liter and past flywheel issues on 350's (maybe corrected) have me a little leary.
AND mine were well maintained and they rotted and were junk at 800 hours
2. ETCE -Out of Business
Suzuki -well I'm just not sure about off shore reliability and I understand parts are an issue.
Mercury= made in the USA-lightest 350 on the market-can purchase 8 year warranty and 3 year corrosion warranty.

In addition we are adding a full tower and are copying the design of the OS 385, adding a brow thruster and she already have a full Garmin electronics upgrade.

Looking for any ideas or thoughts.

Buzzard11

Postby Buzzard11 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 pm

DO you have any pictures of all of this?

Return to “The Project Center”