Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Delete coolant lines to hot water tank???

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Have a hose I am replacing due to chaffing. Question is I have decent access to the coolant line going from thermostat housing to the hot water tank. Been thinking about deleting it.
How many have deleted theirs? Why did you delete it?

Has anyone had one spring a leak and dump coolant from port motor?

Did you remove the hoses and plug the ports on thermostat housing and water pump or did you just take hoses off tank and couple them together?

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Hello Dan, I did remove mine years ago out of concern of blowing a coolant line. We really don't have the need for hot water so out it went. At first I just coupled the hose together to make a loop until I had the time to plug the fittings with pipe plugs. I know we have different engines but a failure would have the same effect. You could install shut off valves in the line and keep them closed until you needed hot water.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:25 am)

Topic author
Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm

MarkT wrote:Source of the post Hello Dan, I did remove mine years ago out of concern of blowing a coolant line. We really don't have the need for hot water so out it went. At first I just coupled the hose together to make a loop until I had the time to plug the fittings with pipe plugs. I know we have different engines but a failure would have the same effect. You could install shut off valves in the line and keep them closed until you needed hot water.

Mark that is exactly what I am concerned with. Never use hot water or stay on the boat at anchor. I am just worried about how the fitting is going to come out of the water pump. Hate to break it off in the water pump or anything. Gonna put a wrench on it and see if it moves. If it does I think the lines are coming out.

Return to “The Project Center”