Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

T-Top Outriggers?

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
FishinGear

T-Top Outriggers?

Postby FishinGear » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm weighing my options regarding installing outriggers on my '99 2470cc. I'm the 2nd owner and it does not have the factory installed Rupp TopGun mounts welded to the T-top frame. I've seen some nice bolt-on solutions like Taco Sport Slam, or the more expensive mounts with under t-top control. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and has any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Fishin-n-Wishin

T-Top Outriggers?

Postby Fishin-n-Wishin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 am

I see no replies to your question but will offer this; I had a CC2200 that had a thin aluminum bar going from the center framing of the t-top out to the perimeter of the fram. I went to a aluminum machine shop and had them cut 1/2" aluminum blocks to my specs. I then took the top mounting plates, marked all the holes that needed drilling to match the 4 holes in the mounting plates. I then cut the openings for the control handles (lubricate your aluminum often or the teeth will bind when drilling the hole) and purchased longer SS bolts to mount the entire outrigger mounts with fabricated aluminum blocks. I never had a problem with that set up. I did have a problem with the poorly manufactured Tigress t-top outrigger mounts. I don't recommend them.
Hope that helps.

Return to “The Project Center”