Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Rod storage DC 265

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
Dave

Rod storage DC 265

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Anyone have any ideas on how to store six fishing rods up to seven ft long in a DC 265? The holders on the starboard side are so short they only work for two very short rods. The center storage area may work but you have to work at getting the rod tips past the holding tank.

chibbett

Rod storage DC 265

Postby chibbett » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 am

This must be a "Pursuit"thing...I have a 2010 0S315 and the 4 rear deck side rod holders are only capable of holding a mop or expandable boat hook! But even more troublesome is that the rod hangers inside the cabin will not hold the rods secure in moderately rough water and they fly all over the cabin...need to find some way to secure them with a bungee type solution.....anyone else experience this?

Calexi
Home Port: Holland Michigan
Vessel Info: 3000 Pursuit Offshore

Rod storage DC 265

Postby Calexi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Interesting issue I have 3000 Offshore and rod storage is my biggest issue. I salmon fish quite a bit and this is the only true complaint I have with our boat. I was at a roundtable forum at the Tiara plant, and I brought this up as an issue for Pursuit and Tiara owners. I currently use my v-berth and neatly stack them end-to-end. Let me know if you come up with a good idea.

Blue Runner

Rod storage DC 265

Postby Blue Runner » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm

chibbett - 2/27/2012 8:58 AM

This must be a "Pursuit"thing...I have a 2010 0S315 and the 4 rear deck side rod holders are only capable of holding a mop or expandable boat hook! But even more troublesome is that the rod hangers inside the cabin will not hold the rods secure in moderately rough water and they fly all over the cabin...need to find some way to secure them with a bungee type solution.....anyone else experience this?

I'm using rubber bands with success. On the galley end, I attach a rubber band to the rod tip and the adjacent rod butt. On the cockpit end, I do that for the middle rod, but on the outboard rods I double the rubber band around rod tip and the outside of the rod holder. It's worked in some pretty heavy seas, but is a bit of a pain to deal with.

Return to “The Project Center”