Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

remotorizing OS3370

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
felipe
Home Port: santa pola Spain
Vessel Info: Pursuit OS337

remotorizing OS3370

Postby felipe » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:27 am

Hello everybody, I just bought a pursuit 2005 Os 3370 with twins mercury verado 275 hp , I am thinking change them by two mercury verado 350 hp. Do you think that this boat admits tha power and it is ready for the change. What do you think about it?

thanks

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

remotorizing OS3370

Postby MarkT » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:47 pm

The first thing to do is to check and see what the maximum horsepower is as stated by the manufacturer. If you exceed this you may not be able to insure it. I delivered a number of 3370s, with 250hp 4 stroke yamaha engines, plenty of power. At higher speeds the boat felt a bit tipsy, no mater how the trim was adjusted. With 700 hp on the back, I believe you would be paying for a lot of power you would hardly ever use and make the boat unsafe to boot. Just my humble opinion.

Topic author
felipe
Home Port: santa pola Spain
Vessel Info: Pursuit OS337

remotorizing OS3370

Postby felipe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 am

Thanks MarkT, for your opinion I really apreciate it. The thing is that there is a performance in pursuit´s web with two twins yamaha 350 hp in a pursuit OS335 that is the same boat. I have asked directly to pursuit but I have not get an aswered, also I have not found the maximum horsepower by the manufactured anywhere . The other option I am thinking on it is two twins verado 300hp.
http://www.pursuitboats.com/performance ... aF350s.pdf
Thanks

Return to “The Project Center”