Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

DC 266 Helm Trim Piece Removal

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author
davemonroe1
Vessel Info: Pursuit DC 266

Postby davemonroe1 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:45 am

Trying to replace an under-mount Garmin GPSMAP 8400 that has a bad display on 2021 DC 266. Cant figure out how to remove the helm trim piece to gain access for removal. Anyone have any ideas?

BayLife12
Vessel Info: 2018 DC265

Postby BayLife12 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:08 pm

I have the DC265 and also had the display go bad on the Garmin. I was able to access the dash electronics from the back through the storage hold door that is in the walkway. It's not a comfortable access but you can reach everything. I had to remove six wing nuts and washers from the back. Careful when unscrewing them as it's easy for them to fall down behind the fiberglass when you are unscrewing them. Once you get the nuts loose, and unplug the electronics cord quick connects, you can just lift the trim plate and the whole Garmin unit off from the front. Garmin gave me a new unit as it was under warranty and it just slip back in place from the front. Then you have to go back in the storage hold and refasten the washers and wing nut, plug the electronics back in and you are set. Like I said, not the most comfortable access, but doable. Good luck!

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”