Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2470 fresh water pump

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
taamatrix

2470 fresh water pump

Postby taamatrix » Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 am

I just replaced my fresh water pump (fun!!, not!) when I turn on the switch at the helm the pump fires up and spits water out the side thru hull fitting about mid way on port side. The stern sink hose also works, but water continues to come out the thru hull until my fresh water tank is empty. I used the exact same hoses as the old pump had connected to it, black 3/4 hose coming in, from tank I assume, grey 1/2" hose coming out. pump never shuts off unless I switch off. Did I use wrong kind of pump, isn't it supposed to turn off with pressure and until it's called for?

vistahank
Home Port: Cocoa,FL
Vessel Info: 2001 Pursuit 2470WA
2015 twin Suzuki 150's with C10 Gauges
Lowrance 12" HDS Live
JL Audio sub/speakers
Shadow-Caster Underwater and LED Lighting

2470 fresh water pump

Postby vistahank » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:29 pm

I have the same Pursuit model and it sounds like you have a leaky freshwater plumbing fitting up near the forward sink. The water coming out of the midship thru hull is from your forward bilge pump .

I would check under the forward sink first then start working back to the pump looking for the loose or broken fitting.

good luck

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”