Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

3070 CC Washdown Pump

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
Capt P

3070 CC Washdown Pump

Postby Capt P » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 am

I have a 2001 3070 CC. The raw water wash down pump needs to be replaced and the yard is quoting nearly $1,000 to do the work, parts and labor. Is this something a marginally intelligent person can handle themselves? Where is the pump located? Thanks for any guidance.

Woodworker2001

3070 CC Washdown Pump

Postby Woodworker2001 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Replacing the pump should not be hard depending on the location. If you are competent to strip crimp and heat shrink some wires. Have you checked that you are in fact getting power to the pump and that you don’t have a wiring, switch or breaker issue? Be sure and turn off the through hull valve before disconnecting the pump if doing this in the water.

Adeotec

3070 CC Washdown Pump

Postby Adeotec » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:12 am

I recently had the wash down pump replaced on my 3070 Offshore CC. I was charged $300 for the pump plus labor. I think labor was about 2 hours. With tax I think it was under $600. This is in NJ.

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”