Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

A/C on an OS 315

Discussion of AC's, plumbing and sanitation related issues.

Topic author
jghannoosh
Vessel Info: 2012 Pursuit 315 OS

A/C on an OS 315

Postby jghannoosh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi I have just purchased a 2012 OS 315. The A/C worked during survey but now there is no cooling water coming out of the bow thru hull and it shuts down after a minute or so of no water. I found the pump, strainer and seacock. All seem running and in good order. Manual says maybe air bound. Any ideas? Thx

JaxBch
Vessel Info: 2015 325OS

A/C on an OS 315

Postby JaxBch » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 pm

You most likely lost prime. I have fond the best way to reprime the ac system is to put the boat in the water, open sea cock, then loosen the cap on the strainer until water flows out (don’t loosen it all the way).

Now the system is primed.

Turn on AC.

Back in business.
These users thanked the author JaxBch for the post:
tarhealerx (Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 am)

tarhealerx
Vessel Info: 2008 315 OS

A/C on an OS 315

Postby tarhealerx » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 am

agree with above. need to burp her.

Wmmtucker
Vessel Info: 2009 Pursuit 345OS

A/C on an OS 315

Postby Wmmtucker » Sun May 16, 2021 2:12 pm

I have the same issue and have had to prime multiple times in this year. Strainer tank is full and the only way to get it flowing to to disconnect the outlet line. It is driving me crazy. 2009 345OS. Any suggestions would be welcomed

Return to “AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation”