Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Underwater lights?

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
goodtimesnc
Vessel Info: 2013 SC 365i

Underwater lights?

Postby goodtimesnc » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm

my 3012 Pursuit 365i has a switch on the helm for "underwater lights" but the previous owner (original owner) said he did not get that option. I'm just curious does this mean the hull has fittings already to attach lights or is this just the equivalent of a spare fuse/circuit? it's not stated anywhere in ther owners manual.

David

Kismet
Vessel Info: 2015 Pursuit OS 385

Underwater lights?

Postby Kismet » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 am

Great question.

One suggestion is to look at the LOAD side of the switch on your Helm Pod Switch Panel that is labeled UNDERWATER LIGHTS and see if there is a wire connected to it. If there is, then that might be an indication that you are wired for lights and just have to find the cable termination in the aft bilge where the connections are usually made to the UL wiring harness.

I am looking to install ULs on my OS 385. My Owners Manual has a diagram of the switch panel with none of the switches labeled for ULs. But there is a 15Amp DC Circuit Breaker on the DC Distribution Panel labeled "Underwater Lights". My challenge is to find out which ACCY switch supply side is wired to the 15AMP breaker.

Since I don't have the wires connected to any of the accessory switches, I have to figure out how to run the cable back to the AFT Bilge and then find out which ACCY switch supply side is wired to the 15AMP breaker. I have to pull the DC Panel out to look at the wire color that's on the breaker and find that color on the large connector in the Helm Pod that feeds the switches.

Good luck!
Len

Woodworker2001

Underwater lights?

Postby Woodworker2001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 pm

I can’t tell you on that model but my 3000 express for example has a engine sync switch which is on the dash but it is not connected to wiring other than supplied power. My guess is they did not run wiring for an option that wasn’t purchased

Return to “Electrical”