Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2003 Pursuit 3000 express house battery not charging

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
3pursuit3000
Vessel Info: 2003 Pursuit 3000 express

Postby 3pursuit3000 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am

The house battery stop charging yesterday when under way (battery is 3 days old). It will charge when running the battery charger thru genset. I have a 3 battery system. Both engine batteries show a charge of a little less than 13 volts on the gauges when under way, one might be a little more than the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm

3pursuit3000 wrote:Source of the post The house battery stop charging yesterday when under way (battery is 3 days old). It will charge when running the battery charger thru genset. I have a 3 battery system. Both engine batteries show a charge of a little less than 13 volts on the gauges when under way, one might be a little more than the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would check both alterator wires and make sure neither has broken off. Also problem could be in the TABs box which distributes the charge from both engines out to the batteries that need it. Likely a problem in one of the two areas. The guy who makes the tabs system is supposed to be very responsive and easy to work with. You can send it back in to be rebuilt if needed
These users thanked the author Woodworker2001 for the post:
3pursuit3000 (Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:45 pm)

Topic author
3pursuit3000

Postby 3pursuit3000 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Thank you woodworker

Topic author
3pursuit3000

Postby 3pursuit3000 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:40 pm

all wires are good as far as i can see took alternator right off. tabs system looks new serviced 12/2019. I will call him now. marina keeps pushing me back saying they are swamped, two weeks out. i was charging the battery with generator and now there is no power going to battery charger as well so i cant do that anymore either. no power to the battery charger on shore power either. Any ideas? Thank you

Dan1
Vessel Info: 3000 Express Cummins 4BTA's

Postby Dan1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Directly above the charger is three large circuit breakers for the battery charge system (12 volt) you will see them if you pull the courtesy light of the top of the stairs, check those.

If it still has the original Pro mariner charger installed there is fuses behind a panel on the charger (same side as the power supply cable) (120vac)

It will be a lot easier to work on if you remove the three screws on the bottom hinge of the top stair and get it out of your way or take out the stairs.

Yours will look a little different to these pics, the location where the three circuit breakers are (circled) was where the original battery charger was located, the X’s is where the circuit breakers where installed from the factory and you can not access them or see them.
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Return to “Electrical”