Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

OS 355 Defroster

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Mr Blue Sky
Home Port: East Greenwich RI
Vessel Info: 2017 OS 355

OS 355 Defroster

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:16 am

Hello,
New to the forum. We recently purchased a 2017 OS 355, great boat! I have been reviewing the owners manual and could not find details on the 120 volt defroster. Can someone share details on this switch and it’s operation. Picture attached in the file.

Thank you
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Ph9er
Home Port: Henry Island
Vessel Info: 2019 OS 355
Phish'n Phool IV
Puget Sound

OS 355 Defroster

Postby Ph9er » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:19 am

This forum is very quiet. I have the same boat and assumed this switch was the defroster for the cooler/freezer behind the helm. I could be wrong but Never tried to run the freezer with this switch in off mode. Will give it a try. Let me know what you find out as well.

Topic author
Mr Blue Sky
Home Port: East Greenwich RI
Vessel Info: 2017 OS 355

OS 355 Defroster

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:29 pm

I called Pursuit and found out they considered installing a windshield defroster however never came into fruition. So essentially it is a dead switch that is not connected.
These users thanked the author Mr Blue Sky for the post:
Big snapper (Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:09 pm)

Return to “Electrical”