Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Expected cost to run 30 amp service on a '09 345 OS?

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
soyviejo
Vessel Info: 2006 Hydrasport 29VX but looking to purchase a 345 OS

Postby soyviejo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:15 pm

So I bought a boat in Salem Mass little over 2.5 years ago that is only 50 amp service. I had it shipped to Seattle and most Washington and Canada marina's do not have 50 amp service or very few that are reserved for big boys. Finding a marina when we are cruising that has two available 30 amp so I can use a splitter is also rough to find.

That said I am getting a couple quotes to run 30 amp service in addition to keeping the 50 amp. The local Pursuit dealer apparently does it often but is having difficulties getting back to me with a quote. I'm curious what other people have paid to run 30 amp service on their 345 OS and also retain their 50amp.

Thanks for all your time, consideration and feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,

SoyViejo

Ph9er
Home Port: Henry Island
Vessel Info: 2019 OS 355
Phish'n Phool IV
Puget Sound

Postby Ph9er » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:23 am

Congrats on the 345 purchase. Call Ed or Tim at IMC. They do this setup on all the boats they sell for the PNW. I know they’ve had some staffing issues, it might take a few attempts. I wouldn’t trust anyone else for this job. Also EBM can accommodate 50amp slips for Pursuits. I keep my 355 there all summer.

Topic author
soyviejo
Vessel Info: 2006 Hydrasport 29VX but looking to purchase a 345 OS

Postby soyviejo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:13 am

Thanks for the reply much appreciated I have talked to Ed at IWC and they're the lowest bed so far although they want me to run it up to Lopez to confirm since it's an '09 which isn't exactly the easiest thing to do unless I can drop it there and they can work on it and I'll take a ferry or fly home. I do have one other shop that I trust in doing it it's Brian Coleman's Marine he comes with excellent references and is super solid guy and they speced it it out as well and provided a bid. But I am see does do this for all their boats so they've got us down pat and I am at Elliott Bay Marina and actually had to pay them to switch me over to 50 amp service from 30 amp it was 800 bucks to run a 50 amp line to my slip which wasn't that difficult because my slip is right next to where the big boys are and have 100 amp circuits and 50 amp so I think they just split it off from there anyhow much appreciated.

As for IWC being short on staff I can attest to that I've gone in there three times and emailed and texted them asking for a bid for 30 amp service and for a diesel heater and for new 16-in screens and literally crickets and when I called them this week they actually escalated it up to Ed who told me to reach out to him if I'm having problems with service and it was a little unacceptable in my mind when they told me they didn't know when they were going to get back to me on these three bids and when the service rep that I spoke with (she happens to be new apparently) ask me the size of my 345 offshore.
My response was lol you got to be kidding me You're pursuit dealer you should know the specs at least the loa and the beam of an 09 345 OS. She told me they didn't have specs on boats that were older than 5 years old. So I just left it at that so far IWC's the lowest bid for the 30 amp while retaining my 50 amp service. Buy a couple thousand dollars but in order to do it I still need to run the boat up there to have them confirm some stuff on the bed and I only want to do it if I can drop the boat off and have them do the work

Return to “Electrical”