Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Battery wiring for 2860 Denali

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Billhuntz
Vessel Info: 1998 Pursuit Denali

Postby Billhuntz » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 am

I am about to swap out the batteries on my 1998 Denali and noticed a couple of weeks ago there was a negative (black) wire that was not connected. I just bought this boat so not sure who did the batteries.

Does anyone have a picture or diagram so I can make sure there are no other problems?

Right now the Red wires are all on red terminals, and the black wires are on negative.....DUH! The disconnected wire I connected to negative terminals on both batteries.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Did you find out where that black(ground) wire went? What gauge was it? Was there a reason it was disconnected?

Topic author
Billhuntz
Vessel Info: 1998 Pursuit Denali

Postby Billhuntz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

I just hooked it up the way it made sense to me. I replaced the batteries at the same time. no more issues, I think it was bad maintenance at the marina......

Return to “Electrical”