Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Pursuit 2865 Denali Info Needed

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
Reel Catch

Postby Reel Catch » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello-

I'm interested in the 2865 model...hard to find as they had limited production.
Anything I should 'look out' for?

How is the ride/performance with the single Volvo V8 Duo-Prop?

One seller I talked to said it 'wandered' when going no wake speed. He added an Auto Pilot when trolling otherwise it was difficult to maintain a straight course.

I appreciate any feedback on this model! :up:

RC

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:30 pm

I delivered a few back in the day, and found them to be a great boat. I believe I delivered them with Mercs in them but can't be sure. However I never experienced a problem holding track with frequent steering inputs. best thing to do is take one out yourself and give it a shot. Good hunting!

Topic author
Reel Catch

Postby Reel Catch » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks Mark!
I wish I could take one for a ride, but it's a brokered boat I'm currently looking at.
Broker said a survey can be done inside (winter and sub freezing here in MI), at which I'd own the boat if everything checks out.
They'd then hold an agreed upon sum of money in escrow pending a sea trail when possible.

RC

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Yes, you can buy them "subject to" survey and sea trial. A nice fresh water boat, good luck!

daveintoledo
Vessel Info: 2002 Pursuit Denali 2865

Postby daveintoledo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 pm

I love this boat, mine has a 8.1 Volvo Penta, this thing gets up on plane in a couple of seconds..... yes wanders a bit at idle speed

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

daveintoledo wrote:Source of the post I love this boat, mine has a 8.1 Volvo Penta, this thing gets up on plane in a couple of seconds..... yes wanders a bit at idle speed

I think wandering at idle is an I/o single screw thing. I had a sport raft that wandered. I put a kicker and tr1 autopilot on it and it was fine held very well while trolling
These users thanked the author Woodworker2001 for the post:
daveintoledo (Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm)

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”