Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Pursuit 2670 Denali questions

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
kevd
Vessel Info: 2005 Pursuit 2670 Denali

Postby kevd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 am

I am new owner of a 2005 Pursuit 2670 Denali. It has been my dream boat for years. I bought it at the end of season and only logged under 10 hours on it...spring is not here quick enough! I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction on a couple of things:

-I would like to put new windshield arms on to enable the windshield to open fully. Has anyone done this, and if so, which parts did you use?

- The odor coming from the bilge (and unfortunately into the cabin where my kids will be sleeping) is horrendous. Any suggestion on how to clean the mold from the forward bilge and how to change out the original head hoses? Any other suggestions on keeping the odor away?

-Any one order replacement cushions for the back bench?

Thanks all...excited to be part of the Pursuit family

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello Kev, welcome to the fabulous world of Pursuits.
Before you get involved with the windshield, take off the arms and see how far you can open it without running up against it's limit of travel. You will probably have to get new arms made to open it further. Maybe the window frame manufacturer has longer arms that you can get. I think they were made by American Marine. But make sure you have enough room inside when it is closed so the arms don't hit above.
West Marine sells a product to kill head odors and it works well. I have a bottle on the boat. You'll have to look up the name for that also. You have to keep that tank pumped dry to help also. As for changing the hoses I can't suggest anything, mine are original from 1999, and the odor killer has done a good job. I also think it keeps the seals lubricated.

Topic author
kevd
Vessel Info: 2005 Pursuit 2670 Denali

Postby kevd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks MarkT!

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”