Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cleats, Load

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
mikekellypursuit
Vessel Info: 2015 265 DC

Cleats, Load

Postby mikekellypursuit » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Recently purchased a 2015 DC 265 & have it in the San Juan Islands in WA state. It is common to buoy our boats out here & that is what we do. It is time for me to replace my current setup & I'm getting ready to place it. It's a 1,400 lb block of concrete with a large eyelet, rebar thru the eyelet, etc. We typically move the anchor down the beach, let the tide come in & hook up the boat bow eye to the anchor with a temporary line, let the tide lift it & move to selected location & cut the line. I have all the schackles, surge chain, chain, buoy hooked up so the moment it hits the bottom (roughly 12' of water), it's good to go. This one is quite a bit larger than my previous anchors so wondering if anyone had a comment on the boat lifting that weight from a point load of the bow eye, or cleat or other. Previous anchors I've build have been half the weight of this one.....doing the calcs I'm hearing the load on the eye would be right around 800 lbs with the anchor submerged, that seems like a lot for a bow eye but maybe others on the forum have some info that might change my mind.

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Cleats, Load

Postby MarkT » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 pm

I think I would do my best to distribute the load as much as I could. Using two cleats would spread it out better. I wonder how far 1400 pounds would pull down the bow? Put 7 200 pound people in the bow and see.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”