Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Engine Are in!

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor)? Share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Engine Are in!

Postby MarkT » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm

After about 6 months of on and off work, the engines are back in the boat. The deck will go back on this week after a few more items on the punch list are done. New front mounted raw water pumps fit in and worked great during sea trials.
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Woodworker2001

Engine Are in!

Postby Woodworker2001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Congrats mark. I know it has been a long long road. She looks amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :worthy: :beergood:

Topic author
MarkT

Engine Are in!

Postby MarkT » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks Dan, it sure has been but soon we will be out enjoying the water. I went there today to start taking care of loose ends and starting to check the systems. So far it is all working! I wanted to make sure there was enough room in front of the engines with the new water pump location. I put on some new valve covers I treated myself to, gear head stuff!
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Woodworker2001

Engine Are in!

Postby Woodworker2001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Love it. :clap:

Gali
Vessel Info: Pending:
1999 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Cummins

Engine Are in!

Postby Gali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Mark,

I ended up buying a 99 Pursuit 3000 express and love the boat. Watching your threads really helps me learn about the insides of the boat.

Im curious on where you had that back canvas made, I've been looking for something like that and im not too far from you on the North Fork.

Topic author
MarkT

Engine Are in!

Postby MarkT » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Congrats to you on the boat. Did we talk some time ago, did you get the boat over by Rye NY?
The company that made my canvas is gone. If you are out in Greenport I believe Mills is there. If not I can also ask at my marina where they go now. I think there is a place in Mattituck. Any questions feel free to ask. Boat is at Strong's on the bay, not even unwrapped yet but maybe this weekend.

Gali
Vessel Info: Pending:
1999 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Cummins

Engine Are in!

Postby Gali » Fri May 01, 2020 10:43 am

Yes thats the one, we had spoke about some questions when I was checking out the boat! Ended up going through with it. Very happy with it and went through alot of electronic upgrades this winter. Boat's unwrapped, but not ready to go in yet. Having the bottom sanded and repainted and the weather hasn't been very cooperative the last few weeks even though Safe Harbor is open for docking.

I was going to reach out to Mills. I think having the back canvas would really help keep the boat clean M-F when its not really used as much if at all.

Topic author
MarkT

Engine Are in!

Postby MarkT » Fri May 01, 2020 7:43 pm

That cockpit cover saves so much. Keeps it clean and lowers sun damage. Also nice and dry. When I want to work on the engines I can unsnap the sides and fold them in, attaching them to each other making a nice sun shade.

Return to “The Project Center”