Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

diesel pick up pump for generator

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
tony2
Vessel Info: 325os 2019

Postby tony2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Wondering if anyone who has a 2019 or earlier 325os with a generator has a better diesel pickup pump for the fischer panda generator....It is very loud ...., mounted under the grill on the port side behind the slide out cabinet, under the grill Thanks Tony

Svend
Vessel Info: 2015 Pursuit 325 Offshore

Postby Svend » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:55 pm

I have a 2015 325os, and find the fuel pump for the Fischer Panda to be very loud. I was considering changing to a Carter universal marine electric fuel pump. I think that would be quieter. I had that on my other boat with a Kohler generator, and never heard the fuel pump.
These users thanked the author Svend for the post:
tony2 (Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:38 pm)

Topic author
tony2

Postby tony2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:47 pm

I'm going to try that myself then...Seems strange we are the only ones with this issue....I`v been researching this further, and they say the bolts that hold the pump on can't be screwed into the fiberglass directly, so I am going to try that also Thanks Tony

Topic author
tony2

Postby tony2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Svend, They worked on the generator yesterday , and it is vastly improver...I will try tomorrow to figure out what they did, and give you an update...I send this os you know something can be done :-) Tony
These users thanked the author tony2 for the post:
Svend (Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:49 am)

Topic author
tony2

Postby tony2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Svend, HI I found out the make of the pump It is a Facet 40176.....Looks the same as the little old one, but is silent as far as I can tell....Ran it for an hour or so today and all is ok....Hope this helps Tony
These users thanked the author tony2 for the post:
Svend (Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:09 pm)

Svend

Postby Svend » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks for the info. Will look into that pump

Topic author
tony2

Postby tony2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Svend I'm sorry to report the pump that I mentioned did not do the trick I don't know what they plan on doing, maybe re route the hoses, but I don't think it was powerful enough ...I`m going to suggest two of the quiet pumps, as they together may be strong enough....They put the noisy one back on, and the generator worked.....with the new pump the generator worked for a while then wouldn't`t start, belched whitish smoke...I thought it had water in the fuel, but no its the little fuel pick up Sorry Tony

Svend

Postby Svend » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:33 am

I read on a sailing forum these small diesels have an on engine mechanical pump. Boat builders add an electric inline pump to aid in priming, and if the fuel tank is mounted lower then the engine. I unpluged the electric pump and left it mounted in the fuel line and the generator starts and runs great without it. I can plug it in if need to prime the engine after a filter change.

Topic author
tony2

Postby tony2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:46 pm

I`v not had any more issues ...I mounted the pick up pump with some honeycombed plastic pieces, and fastened it to the bulkhead with the 3m fasteners that are like velcro, only more vigorous...While doing so, the fuel hose is certainly strong enough to hold the pump up imo, but I just followed through as I said :-)

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”