Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

used 2000 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Yanmar Diesels

Let us know who you are and what kind of Pursuit you have. Industry people are welcome to introduce yourselves too!

Topic author
nativesons
Vessel Info: 3000 Express

Postby nativesons » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Just purchased a used 2000 3000 Express and was checking in to see if anyone has anything I should be on the look out for....Any guidance would be much appreciated.
These users thanked the author nativesons for the post:
bobbruce (Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:54 pm)

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Congrats on the new boat. And diesels to boot. Did you have a hull survey and moisture readings taken? My 30 had to have all the coring under the bow deck replaced. I have had friends that had moisture at the thru hull fittings. I have so many postings on here that you can check for other info. Window leaks etc. Great boat , what model Yanmars?
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post (total 2):
bobbruce (Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:54 pm) • nativesons (Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:27 am)

gumshoe

Postby gumshoe » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm

So, for the quirky stuff I fixed, the little "container" under the bottom step in the cabin collects and pumps out the water if someone uses the shower. It's odd, but functional, just make sure that bilge pump works as designed.

In that same "well," I didn't like that it was connected to the front well in the engine compartment. I sealed it off and it's been dry since. I think this is the source of water intrusion into the cabin flooring on these models.

In the openings on each hull side, I was surprised to see the amount of water that came in when it rained. From the factory, they're plumbed into that little bilge in front of engines. On mine, water would sheet down the inside of the hull sides and into the wells under the engines when you'd have one of those sideways rainy days. Awkward access to get into the bottom side of those on the outward side of the hulls, but sealed them up and they've been dry since.

The only other thing I would advise, especially if you store in water, check the grounding blocks for all the green wires that run from a terminal to pretty much every part that needs grounded. There's one mounted on the aft side of the engine compartment and one in the rear bilge under the fish box. If the grounds corrode and become disconnected various parts can become sacrificial...I've replaced missing/broken ones and cut back and reconnected most of the rest just for peace of mind.

Good choice, these models are built solid. I know mine can take more weather than I can, which is how it should be because I only like to go out when it's nice anyway. :)
These users thanked the author gumshoe for the post (total 2):
bobbruce (Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:41 pm) • nativesons (Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:27 am)

Topic author
nativesons

Postby nativesons » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reply's! The Yanmars are 6LP-STE. The moisture readings came back good but the boat has been lift kept the entire life. I was going to run through the thru hulls and change out the plastic ones to brass and now I am going to check the grounding blocks too.

Thanks for the input. Going from a center console to this has been quite the change in ride BTW.

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:33 pm

I had to replace all of the boxing wires in the rear hatch. I need to go through the ones in the engine room and either cut them back or replace them.

The through hills are going to be a :censored: none of them are in an easy place.

Check the air vents on the hill side for the engine room. They were not sealed right from the factory. Mine need resealed this offseason

As mark said I have a few project posts for the things I have done to mine so far and one for winter projects.

Great boat. You did however forget to post pictures!!! :banghead:

Good luck with her :drunk: :beergood:

Topic author
nativesons

Postby nativesons » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:21 am

Here she is.
Only registered members can view attachments. Registration is fast and FREE!

Woodworker2001

Postby Woodworker2001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Very nice!!!!

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Love these boats!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”