Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

AGM Batteries for House

ImageHave a question or issue that is model specific? The is the forum to discuss general information regarding all Pursuit Boats.

Topic author
Gali
Vessel Info: Pending:
1999 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Cummins

AGM Batteries for House

Postby Gali » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi All,

I have a 99 3000 express. I installed a good amount of new electronics including a new sound system and I decided I want to add some more juice to the house bank. Removed the single lead acid battery and decided to install 3 Duracell AGM's in series..... My question is, does the old charger that came with the boat work with AGM's or will it "burn" them out by improperly charging them? If I need to change the charger, is it a complex change that is part of the tabs system, or an independent piece I can plug and play?

Woodworker2001

AGM Batteries for House

Postby Woodworker2001 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:15 pm

I can’t answer if it will work but the battery charger is up above the tabs system and is a separate charger. It is a 3 bank charger. It is almost impossible to access without removing the steps I would think based on its location.

Topic author
Gali
Vessel Info: Pending:
1999 Pursuit 3000 Express w/ Cummins

AGM Batteries for House

Postby Gali » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks. I guess my first step will be to see if I can get any pictures of it without removing steps to see if I can look up a model/serial number and take it from there.
These users thanked the author Gali for the post:
Woodworker2001 (Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:40 pm)

Dan1
Vessel Info: 3000 Express Cummins 4BTA's

AGM Batteries for House

Postby Dan1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:14 am

The pro mariner battery charger that was installed in my boat from new would not charge different style batteries.

The later model pro mariner that I replaced that with would charge different style batteries but all banks had to be the same style of battery.

The dual pro charger that I replaced that with is actually three independent chargers in one unit and can charge different style batteries.

The original charger is not part of the TAB’s system, and is connected to the electrical system via the three circuit breakers that are located on top of the TAB’s box.

To confirm what you have in there remove the top stair light and you will be able to see what charger you have.

Return to “General Pursuit Boats Forum”