Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2000 Helm Lift Not Working

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
TheAmyM
Vessel Info: 2000 Pursuit 3070 Offshore - 30’10”

Postby TheAmyM » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:26 am

The helm lift on my 2000 3070 Offshore does not work. I was told to check the solenoid but do not know where to find it. Switch has power and wires disappear under the deck. I also searched on line but did not find anything. Please assist.

Thanks!

Flyboy
Vessel Info: 2001 Pursuit 3000 Express, Yanmar 6LP STE diesels

Postby Flyboy » Sat May 27, 2023 3:29 pm

I had this problem on a 3000 express. Has 2 lifters and one worked but the other only worked going down. Ended up sending a request for help to pursuit. They quickly sent a picture of the relay location on the right side of the hull near the lifter and a schematic. Crazy system. There were 4 relays and one was bad. Had a problem with ground wires being brittle and breaking at the relay connections as well Very hard to reach and a royal pain. Good luck to anyone having this problem.
These users thanked the author Flyboy for the post:
TheAmyM (Sat May 27, 2023 3:38 pm)

bnc

Postby bnc » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:40 am

I replaced my original relays with a reversing windlass relay / solenoid. Much cleaner.

Mestmaker
Home Port: Santa Barbara
Vessel Info: Pursuit 3000 Offshore - 2000yr
(2) new Mer Cruiser Inboards (357hp)each 310 Horizon Inboard

Postby Mestmaker » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:47 pm

Does anyone know where & which replacement hatch lift I need to get to replace mine in my 2000 3000 offshore. My right one is starting to bite the dust. I saw the Lenco 12-volt hatch lifts but wasn’t sure if they would work with the Pursuit and what size I needed to go with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”