Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New to me 2012 DC 265 leaking starboard trim tab act and Windlass won't move

Anything related to the operation of your boat that doesn't fit another forum category. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
tomd514
Vessel Info: 2012 DC 265 F350 Yamaha

Postby tomd514 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:29 am

Just purchased a 2012 DC 265 that I don't have easy access to yet and am looking for advice on two issues:
1- Starboard trim tab actuator leaks - is it possible to rebuild the actuator or does it make more sense to replace and any idea what brand would be used on this vessel?
2- The anchor windlass doesn't move but an audible click can be heard when the console button is pressed for deploy or retrieve (previous owner acknowledged they never used the windlass). Anyone have experience with disassembly and restoring the unit or is this better off as a replace item?

Thanks

MarkT
Home Port: Mattituck, Long Island
Vessel Info: 1999 Pursuit 3000 Express, twin Cummins 4-BTAs

Postby MarkT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Tom, I am not sure what brand trim tabs you have but I would guess Bennett trim tabs. I am not sure if they are rebuildable but you can contact them. You could also contact Pursuit with your hull number and they can help you with information at the least, maybe some warranty help also. http://www.pursuitboats.com/OWNERS.php Bottom of the page use the contact form for Customer Relations.
As far as the windlass, that clicking is most likely the solenoid. When you hit the switch the solenoid would close and allow 12 volts and HIGH amperage current to go to the windlass motor, supplied by large wires. Are you sure there is power to that side of the solenoid? Check for a breaker somewhere in the boat for the windlass that is tripped. If not you have to check and see if there is power supplied to the solenoid and out to the windlass using a voltmeter while someone hits the switch.
These users thanked the author MarkT for the post:
tomd514 (Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 pm)

YOLO

Postby YOLO » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Bennett has some of the best customer service in the business. If that's what you have, call them.
These users thanked the author YOLO for the post:
tomd514 (Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:52 pm)

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”